Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

IVF: making progress


August and September are going to be a busy baby making months! We will start our first (and only, God willing) IVF cycle in September. I just got off the phone with our ART coordinator and we went over so many details my head is spinning. There are so many needles! That is all I can think about, ha ha. Here is the break down of what will happenish:

August 2 - Consent signing appointment with our RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist)

August 10ish - Start menstrual cycle (if by some miracle I am not preggo)

August 17 - 2 hour ART class to go over how to give the prescribed shots. I don't need anyone to tell me how to cower in the corner while my husband comes at me with a syringe. We will receive our IVF calendar at that time too.

August 30ish - Begin Lupron injections.
Rough cost of meds $100-120.
I will not be doing birth control pills since they are a major cause of migraines for me. 

14 days later - First monitoring appointment via ultrasound possible blood work. Begin Follistim injections and Menopur. A wonderful friend of mine who now has a beautiful baby boy donated all her unused Follistim and pen saving us thousands of dollars.
Rough cost of meds $700


Sept 13-18 - somewhere on those days EGG RETRIEVAL!!
Sept 16-21 - TRANSFER and I will be PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise)!! Start Progesterone injections. 
Rough cost of meds $140

Sept 30 - HCG blood test to confirm pregnancy

And if it doesn't work we do it all over again.

 
 

4 lovely notes from friends:

Just Another Day In Paradise July 27, 2010 at 3:16 PM  

Dont worry about the shots, the PIO are the only ones that hurt and those arent for awhile...
Im so excited to follow allong!

Jessica July 27, 2010 at 3:22 PM  

Yay...you have an itinerary!! That is awesome that you got your Follistim donated!!
The shots really aren't bad..I promise!!

T July 27, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

Oh I always love when there is finally a plan. Days you can mark off. Days you can look forward to. I pray that this is it for you and in a few months be welcoming a summer baby!!

Our Big Adventure!! August 7, 2010 at 7:22 PM  

No sniffing hormones in the states? I am doing the sniffing for 2-3 weeks then shots. It is different here in the UK. We are almost there!!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP