Monday, August 16, 2010

Griswold Anniversary Dinner: Part Deux

7:00 pm - Finally The Captain walks into the restaurant. It amazes me that although he dropped me off on time he was still a half hour late to dinner. How did that happen? At this point I am trying really hard not to let this ruin our evening even though my husband left me sitting in a restaurant by myself for 30 minutes, got a parking ticket under my name because he didn't want to not tip the valet guy. 

7:15 pm - We finally place our dinner order and tell our server that we are trying to make an 8:00 play so please put everything in at once. The theater is only 2 blocks away so it is a very quick walk. My husband will not stop sulking even though I have reassured him that I am not letting this ruin our night, so be happy. 
7:50 pm - That's right, our dinners have not arrived yet. Pretty sure we aren't seeing the play. Our server comes to the table and says...

"you said your play was at 8:00 right? I don't think that is going to happen. There are a lot of tickets in the kitchen". 

 Is she for real? I would never say that to a customer. Ever. She is talking to the wrong group. My husband is a GM of a restaurant and I have worked in the restaurant industry for 10 years. 
Well we didn't leave the restaurant until almost 9:00 that night. We ended up with a $25.00 parking ticket, an empty tank of gas in the car, and the worst steak dinner of my life. It was tough, stringy and waaaay to salty. 

I ended up drinking a whole bottle of Champagne by myself due to the Wii beer pong we decided to play when we got home. I can't tell if I won or lost? We did end up having a great time just playing games and laughing at each other all night. Definitely an anniversary to remember. Who knows maybe next year we will need a babysitter. . .

1 lovely notes from friends:

Jessica August 18, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

That is hilarious...probably not at the moment but it sounds like you guys laughed about it later that night. Sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted!!!

There was an error in this gadget

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP