Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, July 6, 2009

Stick it to the man!

Ugh so we had our annual health insurance meeting at work today. It turns out we have only 2 options 1) increase the amount being taken out of our paychecks and keep the same plan we have now or 2) switch to a high deductible HSA with a $2,000 deductible.
I don't necessarily disagree with having an HSA except for the fact that I know I will get pregnant, darn it, and then I will have to shell out $2,000 that I don't have. WTF! I don't know what to do. The one good thing about the HSA is that if I fund it and decide to do IVF or IUI, I can use that money for the treatment, it just won't go toward my deductible. Decisions, decisions. So we have this meeting and then we find out we have 3 days to decide what we want to do. Are you kidding me? I won't even see my DH until tomorrow night, I can't make this decision without him.
So then, I get the brilliant idea to go and look up my past claims history on-line to see how much it would be out of pocket for a Gyno visit. My last pap was $990!!!! WTH man. Atleast I would have been half way to reaching my deductible. The problem with deciding to do the HSA is that I don't have $2,000 to fund it right now, or I will have to take money out of my paycheck to fund it. I hate the INSURANCE industry, they can never make anything easy. On top of it I have to think about my damn infertility and how to fund that too. UGH!



0 lovely notes from friends:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP