Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, June 18, 2010

A lot to do and no time for blogging


Ever feel that way? I do right now. There is so much going on I can’t think straight. There is so much I want to tell you about too. This will probably be a long post, I hope you’re ready. Here is the run down:

Beginning the IVF process; blood work, financial arrangements, applications. We both still need some outstanding blood work done, you know like if we have HIV or Hepatitis. I can save myself a couple hundred dollars if they would take my word for it, we don’t have either. The Captain has to do another dreaded Semen Analysis for the application. I need to do the financing application and meet with the in-laws; they are going to give us some money to help pay out of pocket expenses. Thankfully I have wonderful friends who have offered to donate some meds. I already receive a bunch of Follistim from an angel, Melissa. You don’t know how much that generosity means to me. Thank you!

I am planning a baby shower for my good friend who is 7 months pregnant. The shower is less than 3 weeks away. Not the most fun thing I want to do right now but she is a good friend of mine and has no family here, so I am being brave and stepping up to the plate. At least she wants a 4th of July theme for the party instead of baby stuff; that would have been way too difficult for me to handle. I love hosting and throwing parties so I am having a blast planning. I have found a ton of chic red, white and blue things to use as decorations that are not all Abe Lincoln, American flag, and fire works (CHEESY) I will post pictures once I get some things made and of the room.

Working basically 3 jobs. I help my Dad with his property management, 2 nights a week at the restaurant, my full time Interior Design job. I love working at the restaurant, I get to see The Captain more and it’s an extra $200 a month into the baby account. I can’t give that up. My Dad pays me too, I think it’s just an excuse to give me money cause he feels sorry for us.

My parents are getting a divorce and playing tug of war with me. You know the baby shower I am throwing; well it is being held at my dad’s new condo building. They have a beautiful Club Room that is free to rent out. I couldn’t pass up a free venue, could I? Well when my mom got the invitation she flipped out on me.
“Why didn’t you tell me the shower was at your Dad’s place?
Well it is in his building but not in his condo.
Well if he is going to be there then I am not going.”
Yes, he will be there M invited him, it is a co-ed shower. You should go for her, it’s their first baby. Can’t you put your feelings aside for a few hours? (I am)
“No, your father is pissing me off. I do not want to see him. I am looking out for me, you should have told me”.
Uh, please all she has been doing for the last year and a half is looking out for her. By the way what good would it have done if I did tell here where it was going to be held, she still would have decided not to go. I can’t win. They are constantly asking me if one or the other is going to be some where and I can’t take it anymore. You are 55 years old act like an adult!

Going out of town for 3 days next week for a friend’s wedding. The Captain is a groomsmen in his friends wedding next week. A week before the shower, I should be doing things for that. I will have no time except at night after work to finish decorations, shop for the menu, and start cooking for the shower.

Help me Rhonda. . .

2 lovely notes from friends:

kayee June 30, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

Wow, that's a lot to handle. When are you actually starting your cycle? And hopefully the baby shower goes off without any gut wrenching comments ... I just went to when and it was not pretty!

Erin June 30, 2010 at 10:52 PM  

We are finishing up the last of our pre-testing; blood work and semen analysis, before applying with Attain IVF. I think we will be starting our first cycle in August.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP