Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, March 24, 2011

28 weeks!

We received several surprises this week. One being a car seat showed up on our door step, our first shower gift! It was from my cousins in New Jersey that aren't able to make the baby shower. I was so shocked, what a sweet gift. I love the car seat! The Captain wanted to install it in the car ASAP but we might be getting rid of my car in the next few weeks to get a family car. The other thing is that his parents dropped off the mattress for the crib! Now all I need are crib sheets and it will be finished.

I went in for my 1-hr Glucose test this morning and it didn't taste as bad as I was expecting. It was just way too sweet for me, I am not a sweets person. I like chocolate and that is about as much of a sweet tooth as I have. It reminded me of the ice pops from when I was a kid, you know when they would melt and you would drink it instead? Man did it make this baby freak out though. I went down to my car to get in a nap before the blood draw but it was as if he was doing Jumping Jacks in there. There was no way I was taking a nap and it started to make me nauseous.


I can't wait for tomorrow. I will be on the road to Pensacola at noon for my baby shower this weekend. I am beyond excited to see my family and friends but also to open presents.

Do we really need to see a picture of an eggplant, again?

Best Moment of the week: Receiving gifts in the mail; having a car seat and a mattress for the crib.

Epiphany of the week: Too much sugar makes the baby a spaz.

Entertaining question/comment of the week: When my midwife checked his heartbeat yesterday she said "I am thundering away on my horses, mom. Nothing to worry about in here."

Obsessions: Baby Shower!

What I am most looking forward to this week: Baby Shower and family.

What I miss the most: Kind of miss bending over to pick up stuff instead of an awkward squat.

Symptoms: Tired, aching back. Swollen feet and ankles. Big knockers.

Milestones: Baby's lungs are mature enough that, if born right now, she has a pretty good chance of surviving (with help from medical technology). Her skin is still pretty wrinkly (one byproduct of living in amniotic fluid) but will smoothen as fat continues to deposit. *Courtesy of TheBump.com

2 lovely notes from friends:

kayee March 24, 2011 at 3:02 PM  

YAY! Congrats on 28 wks! I've gotten two things in the mail for the baby and I love it!!! So exciting! Have a great time at your shower - can't wait to see pictures!

Our Big Adventure!! March 25, 2011 at 12:04 AM  

YAY Carseat!!! I was shocked to find that one of our friends got me my stroller and left it at moms house befor the shower. I have been wanting to open it up and roll it around the house, but we are moving soon and I have to keep it in package... Bummer!! Have fun at your baby shower!!! Can't wait to see photos!! don't forget to pack your camera!! Talk soon, Laura

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP