Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The nursery reveal!


Hello friends! The nursery is basically done, finally. In the mean time I wanted to upload some pictures of how it has turned out so far. We are still waiting on the diaper changing pad that will go on top of the dresser and a rocker or glider. I still want to get a lamp for reading. The Captain says he gets to decorate the two remaining walls since I did everything else. We got some amazing things at the baby shower last weekend and can't wait to put them all away. Fortunately I was smart enough to take photos before I got back because right now you can't see the carpet there is so much stuff covering the floor. If you have questions on where things came from leave a comment below and I will comment back with the answer. I hope Baby P enjoys his new room as much as I have been.

I made tissue paper pompoms to hang above where the changing pad will be so he will have something fun to look at. I plan on making one of the drawers an organized diaper changing station. The shelves are from Target, you can find them here


I paid a little more to have custom crib bedding made from Etsy. I absolutely LOVE the way it turned out and so glad I made the purchase. Being an Interior Designer I couldn't find anything store bought that I was passionate about. I bought the set from the Etsy shop abusymother. She is a very talented seamstress, the craftsmanship is very good.



I love seeing the car seat in his room! All of the books are from my bookcase when I was a little girl, I can't wait to read The Bernstein Bears and The Golden Books to him at night. My sister bought the recordable book "On the Night You Were Born" and gave it to me at the shower. She did such a good job reading the story and now Baby P will hear his Aunt's voice all the time. Tear! The book case is from One Step Ahead and can be found here.


I got this stuffed animal several months ago during a trip to Ikea, I couldn't pass him up. I love it.


8 lovely notes from friends:

Lori B. March 30, 2011 at 2:41 PM  

The nursery is gorgeous! I love it!!

Nink March 30, 2011 at 3:10 PM  

Wow, if only all our bedrooms were so coordinated and ritzed out with nice furniture! He's a very lucky little boy! I love the nursery! :)

kayee March 30, 2011 at 3:53 PM  

Love, love, love it! You did a great job! And I am crazy about the little pom pom things you made!

Anna March 30, 2011 at 5:13 PM  

So cute!! I love the pom poms too!

Shannon March 31, 2011 at 4:02 PM  

Such a cute nursery...Great job!

Erin,  March 31, 2011 at 11:33 PM  

So pretty! What kind of crib is that and where did you buy it? I am 30 weeks and have NO idea what crib to buy! Thanks!

Christine @Fancy Function July 24, 2012 at 11:21 AM  

I know this post is well over a year old but just wanted to stop by and say the nursery looks great! Found your blog doing a search for the paint color Smoked Oyster as that's what we're going to use in our nursery. Also love the idea of having your old books - my mom saved all of mine which has lots of Berenstein Bears and Golden Books in the collection!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP